This week, I spent most of the time studying Augur’s worker architecture (broker & housekeeper) and refactoring the github repository metadata worker to integrate into Augur’s architecture.
No meeting was held this week.
Work Done This Week
- GitHub Repository Metadata Worker:
- Refactored the worker to work with the broker, i.e. allow the broker to send tasks to the worker. This allows you to manually send tasks to the worker.
- Refactored the worker to work on scheduled tasks, i.e. allow housekeeper to schedule tasks for this worker. This allow you to schedule the worker to run periodically.
- The worker is now fully functional and ready to be used.
- As you can see not a lot work was done this week as most of the time was spent studying how worker’s work in Augur. I spent quite a bit of time understanding the Broker and Housekeeper, how tasks are scheduled and how workers accept tasks from the Broker and process them.
- Begin work on the Pull Request Worker.
- More future plans for next week to be decided in the next meeting on Monday, 15th July 2019.